Guest House Bed & Breakfast style accommodation in Port Elizabeth.
Port Elizabeth is the largest city in the Eastern Cape, situated around Algoa Bay on the Indian Ocean. Port Elizabeth (PE for short) is a port city and also home to the province’s principal airport. Also known as the Friendly City, PE retains the feel of a large town and has a friendly, relaxed atmosphere.
The city acts as a gateway to surrounding areas, such as the Sunshine Coast, Garden Route, Baviaanskloof, Settler Country and some of the country’s top game reserves including the world renowned Addo Elephant Park.
However, PE is not merely a Gateway to the rest of the province, but a major holiday destination in its own right, with beautiful beaches, a mild climate year-round, a variety of attractions and entertainment, fantastic surfing and watersports, parks and nature reserves, museums, galleries and historic sites, all necessary amenities and a wide variety of accommodation.
DISTANCES TO LOCAL ATTRACTIONS
- Donkin Heritage Trail: 9 km
- Bayworld Oceanaium/Port Elizabeth Museum: 9 km
- Birding - Cape Recife Nature Trail: 16 km
- Humewood Beach - Blue Flag International status: 10 km
- SAAF Museum - for the aircraft enthusiast: 18 km
- St. Georges Park – more than just a cricket venue: 7 km
- Settlers Park: 7km
- Boardwalk Casino & entertainment complex: 10 km
- Humewood Links Golf Course (No. 14 in SA’s top 100 and the only true links golf course in South Africa): 14 km
- Addo Elephant National Park: 70 km
Relax. Soothe. Heal. A mobile therapist offers a full body massage, reflexology, Indian head massage & hopi ear candle treatments in the comfort of your room. Prior booking essential.
After a long hard day at the office or exploring in and around Port Elizabeth pamper yourself! You deserve it.
ACTIVITIES/FACILITIES IN THE AREA:
Port Elizabeth acts as a gateway to surrounding areas, such as the Sunshine Coast, Garden Route, Baviaanskloof, Settler Country and some of the country’s top game reserves including the world renowned Addo Elephant Park.
We can offer you some good reasons to visit us in Port Elizabeth:
- PE is fast making a name for itself as the watersport capital of South Africa
- Beautiful beaches offering a natural beauty and entertainment
- A wonderfully mild climate, making PE a year round destination
- Friendly, relaxed atmosphere
- Historic sites, museums and galleries
- All necessary transport, accommodation and communication facilities readily available
- The best of the ‘beach and bush’ experience
- Whale and dolphin watching- unsurpassed especially if you venture out on an ocean safari.
- The one place in the world where you can experience the BIG 7. YES THE BIG 7!
- Swimming & sunbathing - Humewood beach is a blue flag international beach.
- Hiking/walking – some really wonderful trails
- Fishing – Let us book a shark fishing safari for you
- Surfing – Jeffreys Bay is just down the road.
- Water sports/wind surfing/snorkelling
- Flora – our unique fynbos
- Hang gliding and paragliding
- Scuba diving
- The Donkin Heritage Trail
- Township tours
- Casinos and night life
- Game parks and nature reserve visits
- Day trips – a wide variety to choose from.
The Eastern Cape is South Africas second largest province and extends along the coast from the Garden Route to KwaZulu Natal and inland to incorporate the Karoo, various mountain ranges, open plains and the former Transkei. T
The Eastern Cape, with its diverse landscape, has much to offer. Some of the best beaches in the country are found along the coast (Kouga Region, Sunshine Coast and Wild Coast), but also on offer are excellent game and nature reserves, some boasting the Big 5 (like Addo and Shamwari).
Popular activities include hiking, safaris, historic sites and heritage trails, surfing and beach visits. Although one of the country’s poorer provinces, the Eastern Cape is increasingly becoming a popular tourist destination, especially with nature lovers and historians, although the coast has always been popular, with South African and foreign visitors alike. The capital of the province is Bhisho near King Williams Town, but Port Elizabeth is the largest city with the best infrastructure.